Wednesday, January 20, 2010
My girl...
In the past few days, Lucy has told me, multiple times, "I want to be just like you when I grow up!" That comment melts my heart...it is so sweet...but so scary too! I am trying to smile, stay relaxed, and receive it as the compliment it is intended; however, that is really, really hard. I want to tell her the many, many things that are wrong with me and about how much goodness I see in her. As I type, she is in her bed with a baby under her shirt...she told me before she went to sleep that her baby needs to be baptized tomorrow after it is born...sigh...
Lucy has imaginary friends. She is always talking about her husband "Joe" and their three kids "Ursula, Max and Zook" Lucy has started grabbing our empty food boxes from the recycling pile and now has a small "pantry" near her kitchen...she talks about Joe, Ursula, Max and Zook while preparing snacks for them.
Here's a picture I took of Lucy tonight...she stayed upstairs and played while Eli and I cooked dinner. I heard some banging around, but she usually isn't very mischievous, so I didn't check on her. When I went upstairs to tell her dinner was ready, I found that she had taken all of the clothes off the bottom bar in my closet and was using them as her "Valentines"...she was "delivering" them to her friends. My clothing was all over my room and the hallway...such creativity in that mind of hers!
Posted by
Melissa Wyatt
Labels:
Lucy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Melissa,
ReplyDeleteThis blog is absolutely WONDERFUL!!!! I am thrilled that you shared it with me. Molly and I have been checking it out and loving all the pictures. The stories are heart warming and sweet. I have laughed and cried in the last 20 minutes reading through these posts. I will be checking back regularly now that I know about it. You are such a terrific mother, wife, daughter, sister, and friend. It is plain to see that you exude love in everything you do and everywhere you go. So fortunate to be able to call you my friend. You are such an inspiration. Hope the rest of your week is a great one, looking forward to connecting soon. GIve your beautiful family my love. -Em
This post was too cute- sounds like girls and boys are so different...
ReplyDelete