Friday, March 26, 2010

March Madness!

Aren't the seasons fabulous? We loved Winter...the snow was fun, lots of crock-pot dinners and wearing of our puffer-vests (maybe too much?)...but, we're so, so glad that Spring is here. It is kind of a tease right now...the weather from day-to-day can be drastically different and our wardrobe is in flux...but the bright colors and longer days promise many sunny, fun days ahead!
Lu picked these flowers for me while she was on a walk with Kathy.
We've had a great week...here's a quick recap. I cut out some coupons on Monday morning (now I just need to remember to take them to the store...before they expire.) Lucy spent the rest of the day using her scissors to "cut her coupons." We're still picking up itty-bitty pieces of paper. I introduced Eli to a spoon. I am probably late in this introduction, but it is so messy, so I've been avoiding it. Lucy made a kite at school and wanted to "fly it" outside. She ran and ran with that kite fluttering behind her. While I was snapping her picture, Eli snacked on whatever was falling from the tree...gross. This picture isn't unique to this week. We've taught Eli a few signs to use at the table..."all done" & "more." This is supposed to be the sign for "more" but what he really means is "I'll have some MORE of whatever you're having." He has major plate-envy...he examines everyone else's plate and if we don't all have the same thing, he immediately thinks your option is better than his. I took Lucy to see "Cinderella" at the elementary school down the street. It was 3rd and 4th-graders and Lucy had a great time! She totally fit in with her princess dress and wand. Lucy and Beville had a Tea Party and hunted for Easter Eggs. Beville's grandmother "Gaga" lives across the street from us and invites Lucy over when Beville comes to visit. They like to push their babies in strollers and play dress-up! Here's Eli doing his pre-game warm-up on Friday afternoon! How about those Tennessee Volunteers? I'm embarrassed to write that they have surpassed our bracket expectations. Woo-hoo!
Go Big Orange!

No comments:

Post a Comment