Lucy is 5 today! We are excited to celebrate her and all of her awesome-ness! I often have moments where I think, "God, I don't want to forget this..." Here are some memories I don't ever want to forget about Lucy on her fifth birthday:
- Chris and I like to joke that we think she'll have a a big career in risk-management. She is very cautious, our Lu, and expects this rule-following from others too. She loves to inspect all cars parked in handicapped-parking spaces to make sure they have appropriate tags and stickers.
- One day earlier this summer she got scared at her gymnastics camp and cried. We later talked about different things should could do if she got scared at camp again. I suggested she ask to hold one of the counselor's hands until she felt better and Lucy said "well...when I get scared the only hand I want to hold is yours."
- She enjoys writing and loves to do craft projects. I have a roll of nametag stickers I use for Bible Study and Lucy asked if she could have some...I gave her 30 and she was busy for hours that afternoon...only coming out of her room to say "how do you spell...?"
- The other night I tucked her in and she said "let's tell secrets"...her secret to me was "I love you always." She has a huge heart, she is compassionate and such a joy to spend my day with!
Saturday, August 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


happy birthday lu! hope the party was great, can't wait to hear all about it.
ReplyDelete