Lucy and Eli have are back in school! They are in the same school this year, which makes things less hectic for me. I was afraid Eli would be disappointed that they aren't in the same class so I explained to Eli that he would see Lucy at Chapel Time, then go back to HIS classroom with HIS teachers and friends...so far, so good.
Eli has two teachers that Lucy had before and they are happy to listen to him talk about dinosaurs for 5 hours. Lucy's teacher is wonderful, we've had our first round of homework (!), and she's started playing school at home now. Eli is her reluctant pupil and whenever she sits in the rocking chair and says "1-2-3, Look at me!" he immediately says "I want to go to the office." You see, the first time they were playing "school" (I don't even know if Eli realized what they were playing), he didn't do what she wanted him to do, so she sent him the "the office". Now he chooses to come to "the office"...he'll even say "I want to go play with the Officer!"...that's me!
Watching Lucy start to play school makes me laugh because I remember the
HOURS I would spend playing school...I'm wondering if my friend Stacy
is reading this...we would play school together F.O.R.E.V.E.R! I can remember
teachers offering their leftover papers at the end of the school year
and my hand would shoot up into the air so I could take them home...I
just loved sorting and organizing, such fun! This is Lucy's last year
at her preschool - Chris calls it her Senior Year! - she'll be in
kindergarten next year. Here are some pics from their first few days...
Monday, September 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Glad to see they are back and school and happy!
ReplyDelete