Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Look Who's One-Month Old...

Avery became a Big Sister one month ago today...Owen Freeman Boss arrived on September 16th!  After staring at my phone for weeks, ready for "the call", I jumped out of bed when I heard the phone ringing at 3:45am.  Matt told me they were at the hospital and that he would "call me back in 5-minutes"...and it is exactly what happened.  Amy is totally no-nonsense about delivering babies...Owen arrived 20-minutes after they got to the hospital!  We didn't know BOY or GIRL and almost everyone thought it was a GIRL...what a sweet surprise in Owen! 

I flew to Charlotte that afternoon and was cuddling that boy before dinner!  When I wasn't hanging out at the hospital with Amy and Owen, I was with Avery and Matt, learning Avery's routine.  She is such a joy and we had a blast together...we played, read, did stickers...and repeated that a zillion times!  I learned about Amy's pregnancy with Owen on March 2nd.  We got home from China that evening and Amy and I were the last ones awake...sitting at the kitchen table chatting.  It was so special to dash to Charlotte and welcome this baby...he is already very, very loved! 











No comments:

Post a Comment