Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Halloween Fun...a few tricks and lots of treats!

Our Halloween fun started last Monday when we hosted a "Big Orange" playdate for Ava, Parker and Mac! Jenny and Emily made the boys matching orange corduroy outfits (aren't they cute!), so it was fun to get them together for pictures and watch them play!
Then, last Thursday morning Lucy had a costume parade at her school. Lucy loved her elephant costume...she told me that's what she wanted to be back in August!
Eli and his friends wore their costumes to Kindermusik!
The Tompkins family invited us for dinner on Friday evening and we volunteered to bring dessert. Lucy and I spent Friday morning baking an apple pie and cookies...
While we were baking in the kitchen, Eli was playing happily in the living room....until he backed himself under the couch...which happens A LOT...his motor only goes backwards right now and I'm always rescuing him from half-way under the bed, couch or chair!
Friday night was a lot of fun! Shelby was excited to have someone younger than her...she kept checking Eli's diaper!
Michele, Brant and Robert were there too! We all had a good laugh when Michele said it was the kids' first double-date...apparently Robert has quite a crush on Shelby...
And, of course, we already know that Lucy and Claiborne are very fond of each other...
Our Saturday morning started with Eli checking his email...
Chris and Lucy carved our pumpkin!
Here's Lucy and I dancing at the neighborhood party!
Here's the finished pumpkin...after being bombed by a bird or berry...notice that it has ears...Lucy insisted!
Here's Lucy post-trick-or-treating...she said Halloween was Fancy Nancy's favorite holiday!
You know I love "self-photographs"...here we are hanging out and waiting for more trick-or-treaters...I love how Ridley is watching Lucy's lollipop, I'm watching Ridley to make sure we don't have an incident, and Lucy's enjoying her Halloween treat!
Completely unrelated to our Halloween fun, here's a picture I took of Eli and Lucy in the bathtub yesterday...notice Eli's newest trick: pulling himself into a standing position...he is such a monkey!

No comments:

Post a Comment