November 24, 2001
I cannot believe Chris and I have been married eight years. When I think of him, the picture that pops into my mind is him walking up the ramp to the elevators when I lived in Massey (for three years.) He was wearing a baseball cap, jeans, a pullover, and the warmest smile I've ever known. He is a simple man (fashionably-speaking) and continues to wear that exact same outfit on the weekends...only now he is taking Eli and Lucy to Chick-Fil-A.
If I tried to sum up my feelings on him and our relationship I would get all emotional and overwhelmed and do....nothing. So, simple is best. When Chris and I talk about our wedding or whenever we got married, Lucy always asks two things: "did I stay home with Daddy while you got married?" and "who went first?" We aren't quite sure what she means by the second question, but we love how she is trying to figure it all out...which is what we were doing 8 years ago and continue to do today...just trying to figure it all out. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment