Thursday, November 24, 2011

The poster was right...

In the Fall of 1996, I was a freshman at UT...far outside of my comfort zone (small town, TX) and found myself wandering through a bookstore searching for dorm room decor...posters.  I love posters, signs, pillows that say something (and have to limit myself from buying them so we aren't too busy around here...) but I remember a poster titled "10 tips for a good life" or something encouraging like that.  The first tip was "choose your mate wisely, it will determine 99.9% of your happiness."

I try to tell Chris often that he is "all good things."  His calm, reassuring demeanor is the perfect compliment to my intensity and passion.  On the rare occasion that he gets worked up, I am strangely zen...I know, I know, I can't believe it either.  We are an excellent match.

I have so many wonderful memories from the past ten years...big moments and small moments that are all very good.  I am thankful for his love...that encourages and protects me.  We both chose wisely...and I'm thankful every day that we did.

Here we are at our wedding on November 24, 2001...and before our celebratory dinner earlier this week!







1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary! And many more to come!
    Love, Phil, Debbie, Eryn and Cammi

    ReplyDelete