Our Lu turned 7 in August! Ever since our family went to Build-A-Bear Workshop in January on Eli's birthday Lucy has talked about a Build-A-Bear party with her friends and it was a wonderful celebration!
Lucy continues to love to read...her favorites series' include "Junie B. Jones" and "Katie Kazoo." She always has a "knock-knock" joke ready, tends to make most decisions using the "eeny-meenie-miny-mo" method, and loves to write us notes. For a while she always signed her name Lucy K.E. Wyatt because she didn't know how to spell her middle name, Katharine. She learned to spell it this summer and loves to tell the story of why her name is spelled that way: I was reading Katharine Graham's autobiography, Personal History, while I was pregnant with Lu and thought Katharine's story was amazing. I always wanted to use that name in my daughter's name but didn't have strong feelings about how it should be spelled, Catherine/Katherine/Kathryn? Over seven years later, that is still one of the best books I've ever read and I'm so glad we went with that spelling for Lucy's middle name.
She learned to ride her bike without training wheels over Father's Day weekend and she loves to be outside on that bike! She is enjoying first grade and her teacher told us "she's like a little CEO - she works hard all day!" Lucy is our "old soul" and it was so fun to celebrate her turning 7!
Thursday, October 17, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment