Eli, Lucy and I took a break from our regular activities and spent last week hanging out with Matt, Amy and Avery in Charlotte! Chris was there on the weekends and Mom and Dad joined us too...so much fun!
Avery is just gorgeous...the sweet lips, blue eyes and olive complexion! She smiles now and enjoys being held! She is especially fond of her night-time baths!
Lucy tells us that she now has four children (you remember Max, Zook and Ursela...right?) Well, she and Joe (her imaginary husband) have a new baby...her name is Baby Girl. Lucy totally thinks she is my peer...while we were in Charlotte, she thought all the "mommies" (her, Amy and I) had "babies" (Avery, Eli and Baby Girl.) Lucy would sit in Avery's room with Amy each time Avery needed to eat and "feed" Baby Girl. She also insisted that Baby Girl do tummy-time and whatever else Avery did. Lucy must have been listening when Amy and I discussed Avery's arrival...she's told me a few times lately "when Joe and I went to the hospital to get Baby Girl it really hurt"...note to self: innocent ears are listening! The information I read about children having imaginary friends usually says that the children are either highly creative or schizophrenic...yikes! It seems to be very normal to have imaginary friends (or an entire family!) at this age. Chris and I are neutral about it...we don't ask her about her family, but if she brings them up we just nod our heads. The experts say that Joe, Max, Zook, Ursela and Baby Girl could stay around until Lucy is 5...interesting.
It is a lot to synchronize the eating and sleeping schedules of three kids; but we managed to do it and get some shopping in. Mom and Dad bought me my birthday gift early...a new computer! It is way more sophisticated that anything else we own, but I am slowly learning. Amy and Matt have had a Mac for years, Mom and Dad got one at Christmas, and now we can be part of IChats and other fun stuff. Thankfully, Amy is very talented and patient when it comes to computers...she also put together an elliptical machine all by herself...I appreciate her sharing her mad skills with me! Many thanks to Mom and Dad for the awesome gift!
Amy's sweet friend, Luellen, watched Avery while Amy and I took Eli and Lucy to the Discovery Place. Lucy loved the water table and Eli enjoyed crawling all over the other kids.
The fun didn't end there...we were also decorating Amy and Matt's home. It is such a super place and they recently ordered some new furniture. We bought lamps, pictures, etc...moved stuff around...looked at it for a few days...then moved it again. Good times. Their house has a lot of neat-o things...one of my favorite details is the diamond window panes in the front window...you can almost see them in the picture below with Lucy.
Just a few bummers about the trip to Charlotte...first of all, the Starbucks drink above cost me $126.87...not a typo. It seems the NO PARKING signs at East Blvd. Starbucks are very, very serious. The second bummer was that I didn't take any pictures during our wonderful lunch with Lauren and Andy....it was great to catch up with them! The third bummer is totally ridiculous...I am disappointed that we didn't play "Just Dance" on the Wii more than once...have you played at that game? It is a riot! You earn points by copying the dance moves on the screen and you get more points if you really, really exaggerate the moves. H.I.L.A.R.I.O.U.S!
Amy's sweet friend, Luellen, watched Avery while Amy and I took Eli and Lucy to the Discovery Place. Lucy loved the water table and Eli enjoyed crawling all over the other kids.
The fun didn't end there...we were also decorating Amy and Matt's home. It is such a super place and they recently ordered some new furniture. We bought lamps, pictures, etc...moved stuff around...looked at it for a few days...then moved it again. Good times. Their house has a lot of neat-o things...one of my favorite details is the diamond window panes in the front window...you can almost see them in the picture below with Lucy.

Just a few bummers about the trip to Charlotte...first of all, the Starbucks drink above cost me $126.87...not a typo. It seems the NO PARKING signs at East Blvd. Starbucks are very, very serious. The second bummer was that I didn't take any pictures during our wonderful lunch with Lauren and Andy....it was great to catch up with them! The third bummer is totally ridiculous...I am disappointed that we didn't play "Just Dance" on the Wii more than once...have you played at that game? It is a riot! You earn points by copying the dance moves on the screen and you get more points if you really, really exaggerate the moves. H.I.L.A.R.I.O.U.S! I'm hopeful we'll be invited back even though we totally trashed Amy and Matt's house...thank you both for such a fun week! It was wonderful to relax and enjoy the kids! I consider myself very lucky to have such a fantastic sister like Amy...here's a great quote that sums up my feelings:
You can kid the world.
But not your sister.





What sweet pictures and I just love it that Lucy thinks she is your peer - too cute!!
ReplyDelete